Christina Lee’s debut novel, ALL OF YOU, is a thousand kinds of lovely. A former teacher and social worker, she has deftly crafted the world of Avery and Bennett, who are working toward a new normal and not settling for less anymore.
In our latest installment of the SAME TEN QUESTIONS WE ASK EVERYONE, Christina shares a little of herself with us.
1. What is your favorite book?
No fair, there are far too many favorites in different genres! Hmmm…I’ll choose one that’s been on my bookshelf for years and always inspires me. The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo.
2. Which of your characters was hardest to write? Why?
I’d say Avery’s friend Rachel, because she’s so vastly different from me. She’s crass and unapologetic. I’ve known women like her, I know where the pain comes from, and Rachel’s has got her own story to tell.
3. As a child were you a tomboy or princess? Have you changed?
I was a tomboy and played sports. I’ve changed in that I’ve come to appreciate girly things and no longer play sports. But I still watch sports (mainly, football) and can hold my own with the best of them.
4. Given unlimited time, what volunteer work most appeals to you?
I was a social worker and then a special education teacher for the better part of my professional life. So probably a children’s type of charity that involves special needs kids.
5. Which junk food can you not live without?
Salt and vinegar potato chips.
6. Which motivates you more? Success or Failure?
Both actually, in different ways. Success gives me that extra spark I need to push myself. Failure makes me want to curl up in a ball and hide. But it only lasts so long before I pick myself up, hold my head high, and try again.
7. Which character on Sesame Street do you like most? Why?
Probably Elmo, despite his annoying voice. He’s always happy and learning about the world around him.
8. What is your guilty pleasure?
Reality TV, like the Housewives.
9. What is your favorite television show of all time?
It would be a tossup between The Sopranos and Six Feet Under.
10. What is your personal motto or philosophy?
I’ll choose one of my favorite quotes from The Alchemist, since I mentioned how much it’s inspired me. “And, when you want something, really want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
Blog Tour coordinated by SubClub Books
Find Christina Lee and ALL OF YOU on the interwebz